The Establishment of Nauvoo

Reading for class on Fri 3/29: Get caught up in the Doctrine and Covenants, then click here to read about the establishment of Nauvoo.  You will need to scroll down to the bottom to find the right section

Mark your reading in the app when you are done or online at https://myseminary.lds.org/



Additional reading to enhance your study:

LOVE AFFAIR WITH THE WORD OF GOD
Gordon B. Hinckley, “Feasting upon the Scriptures,” Ensign, Dec. 1985, 42
I love our scriptures. I love these wonderful volumes, which set forth the word of the Lord–given personally or through prophets–for the guidance of our Father's sons and daughters. I love to read the scriptures, and I try to do so consistently and repeatedly. I like to quote from them, for they give the voice of authority to that which I say. I do not claim distinction as a scholar of the scriptures. For me, the reading of the scriptures is not the pursuit of scholarship. Rather, it is a love affair with the word of the Lord and that of his prophets. They contain so much for each of us.
“I am grateful for emphasis on reading the scriptures. I hope that for you this will become something far more enjoyable than a duty; that, rather, it will become a love affair with the word of God. I promise you that as you read, your minds will be enlightened and your spirits will be lifted. At first it may seem tedious, but that will change into a wondrous experience with thoughts and words of things divine.”
(Gordon B. Hinckley, Ensign, May 1995, p. 99)





2 Nephi 5:15-17